Thursday, September 04, 2008

Allsec- my first job!

Hi guys,

Now I’ll tell u about ma experience at Allsec.
On May 21, 2008, I joined ma ever first job. I was really nervous. So as everyone! They asked us to come only by 9.30. I had no idea about how long it will take to reach the office from ma room. So I started very early and reached the office by 8.15! ha ha.. I know u all laughing at me! But as I told I was nervous, so wi that happened!!!

I had a small confidence when I saw 4 guys of my college, who also joined on the same day. Thought I have just seen them and not spoken well, I had some relief that I’m not alone! I was a part batch 285. We were assigned with Mark as our trainer. He looked like a foreigner on the very first look. He too made as afraid by saying, he is so strict, blah blah blah. But he actually was not. The 1 month training was so great. My batch also had lot of changes. Some left the company in ten days itself, that includes those four guys of my college too. But by that time I had made some nice friends. Out of them, Rajesh was the dearest friend. He was giving a great company to me. Shakthi and syed also became friends. Keerthi, shruthi, sai, vignesh, saravanana, Anitha, ruthra and many become friends. We enjoyed a lot. In three weeks, we had a pre-exit assessment, in which only 4 out of 24 cleared. Remaining 19, including me, were put into the extended training for another week. Jessica was in-charge for that week. I really learnt a lot. She has more than 6 years of experience in training. She taught each ad everything in soft skills. We all improved a lot. At the end of the week, we had our exit assessment and surprisingly all the 19 cleared.

We were put into the GCS-Metris process and asked to come for the process training from the next Monday. We had 6 people from batch 286 also. So, 25 people were for the process training. I should definitely mention about TJ. That’s how we call him. His name is Billy Manoj, with the pseudo name as Trevor Jenson. Everyone knows him by the name TJ. He is the funniest and the most amazing guy among the floor coaches we had. He took the training for a week. We had all the fun during tat time. By the end of training, Rajesh left for Australia for his higher studies. I really started missing him a lot. He was a great company for me. We all cleared the assessment for the process training too and ready to hit the floor. We were called in ones and twos to join the group which was already in calling. TJ asked me to call one fine day. I made a sale in the very first 15 minute. I was happy about that. I was thinking, I can make more sales in consecutive days too. But it was not easy. I had to struggle a lot to make sales. There were many days without sales too!! But it was Shakil, my team leader who was helping me keep it going.
Though he gave all the confidence and moral support, it was tough for me to survive. I thought I’m not suitable for the job. By that month end, Shakthi, Mahonnath and Jashan also resigned. My own batch 285 guys were made to sit idle and then they were made to work under a different team leader. So I had no company of my friends. Only 4 days I survived in the next week. It was august 7, when I had the most ever frustration about the job. I had totally created a regret to work there. So, decided to quit. That too, suddenly thought and came out. Packed ma bags and came to trichy. Thought I will take a couple of days leave and go back. But didn’t had the mood to go back to Chennai. The only thing which made me feel bad is that I didn’t plan and quit. I just stopped going to work. Didn’t meet my friends, before I stopped working. That too my close friends scolded me for just absconding. I really missed my friends, even thought I hate to work there.

When I vacated Chennai and sent bye messages to all ma friends, the first to call me Earnest and Glenn. I was very pleased on talking to them. It’s a mixed feeling for me to not working in Allsec technologies.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger