Thursday, September 04, 2008

Job hunt!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys, now I will say some thing about ma 3 months of working experience in Allsec Technologies Limited at velachery, Chennai.

College got over on may 8, 2008. What I thought was, if I go home now itself, I will not come back to Chennai for job hunt. So I decided to join some company immediately.
Thanks to Anandh prabhu, ma hostel mate who accompanied me for the job hunt. We started our hunt on may 9! We first went to a BPO located at City center. But they chucked us out saying they don’t take BE freshers. We didn’t understand their policy. They had the mentality that only the non-engineers should be given the job as frsh candidates. They wanted us to starve at home, get frustrated at least for some 6 months, and then they wanna give job to us. That’s really a stupid policy.
We didn’t stop hunt that day. We went to Tidel park in the noon. That’s another humorous event. We had no idea whether there is some BPO inside that building or not! We just tried to enter. The security asked the reason. We said we need some job, might be BPO type. He suggested some company. We were laughing on our self for the reason that the security is giving us some recommendations after being an engineer. But that too didn’t work out.
We continued our hunt to many companies like Perot systems, Sutherland, Cybernet Sash support. Some we neglected coz of the bond they asked for. Some said, we were talking so fast!! Some said they don’t want fresh BE candidates.

After more than a week’s hunt, Anandh had an exam. So he couldn’t accompany for the last interview I attended, which was arranged by a consultancy. Thanks to ma friends who referred me to that consultancy. They helped me getting into the Allsec technologies. It was may16, on which day I got the offer. I vacated the hostel on May 18. Man I rally felt bad after spending ma most enjoyed 4 years of college hostel life. But, what to do? Life took me to the next level of life. So I accepted the change and relocated to another place in nungampakkam and joined Allsec on may 21.

I will tell about the experience at Allsec in am next post……

Stay connected.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger